New from the less-than-Etats Unis

flyday58
This post is 4592 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Happy 2012 to all. I trust everyone survived the snowy onslaught a few weeks back. I arrived in Langley/Slough/Heathrow just after this time, not like last year when I got waylayed. Won't say 'stuck' because I always enjoy a pint and eats at the Red Lion in Langley. Plus I was only delayed one day, as opposed to some of my fellow aviators who spent six or seven. I even managed some Christmas shopping in Slough, so no worries.

On to the main event. I have been restoring a 1978 DT175E for the last five years. Recovered from a junk yard down the road from where I live in Biloxi, Mississippi with basically the frame, harness and motor usable. All else has been replaced or refurbished. Got it running 3 years ago, but it wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm. Left it sit over the winter, carb varnished over and I lost interest for awhile.

While walking in Narita, Japan one early morning this past December a guy on a scooter went by. The smell and sound of a two-stroke was like ice water in the face! When I got home again, I bought a new carb, had the cylinder bored for a new piston, figured out the 'source coil deal' and got it to rev above 3000(manual has incorrect wiring diagram and doesn't even SHOW 2 source coils). Finally riding it after I don't know how many years cos I can't locate my original pics. Forgot how much fun this was/is!!

Richard

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Guilty as charged. Just arrived in London at 7 a.m., leave Saturday at 9:30 a.m. Then on to Tokyo/Narita on Sunday.

Good to know they are called Mx's in the U.K. Now I can understand some of the references. Glad to be here. Seriously!

Roger Roger :biglaugha:

interesting topic tiltle richard...'trouble at mill?'

Well let's just say we're not as "United" as we try to appear to the ROW. Altho I do in fact wear "United" regalia at work due to merger-mania rampant on the planet. Was more of a "Continental" kind of guy, back "before the world moved on". Jeezy Creezy, WHERE do I get this stuff?!

Or is 'mill' a reference to what the Hobbits found when they returned from their little holiday in Mordor?

just read "down to a sunless sea" by David Graham which has a 747 pilot as main character.

written in '79 but Its a great read.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online