yamaha xt 660x advice

kearnsy123
This post is 4513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im looking at buying a 2007 yamaha xt 660 supermoto can anyone give me any advice on this bike are they any good for everyday use and motoways etc thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anyone ???

From what iv heard they are good bikes, reliable and comfy for a supermoto but arnt overly powerful and i cant imagine being great on a motorway as its a supermoto (i never enjoyed motorways on my sm)

Would be ideal as a city commuter bike.

I know of a guy on the honda trailbike forum that bought one did 33,000 miles in a year before he decided it was not the bike for long distance riding so cannot be all bad

Sound good to me i think im goin to go for it . thanks for the replys

I have an XT660R and i find it fantastic for my use which is mainly countryside and commuting to work.

Whilst it is a great bike i wouldnt like to do lots of motorway riding at high speed,

Hope it helps

TTB

Can i ask y u wouldn't ? My comute to work involves 40 mins motorway driving

the tdr i have is great for city driving but lacks on motorway speed i like the xt 660 as Im hopeing it would sit at motorway speeds

comfortable as the tdr Im afraid ill blow it up . its either the xt 660 or i like the 600 fazer

They wouldnt be great on a motorway as they arnt very aero dynamic so youll feel higher speeds a lot more and youll feel uncomfortable as youre chest is just being blasted with wind.

Kinda the same ridding position as my tdr