Fabulous biking weather today - so far in 2012

DirtyDT
This post is 4554 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yes it is still a bit chilly, yes the roads have a covering of muck but what a fabulous day for getting the cobwebs blown off the bike. Much better than the beginning of the week when there was still ice around. 21 miles commute to work = 30 minutes. Half term helped!!

Bring on the summer

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there guys

I have come to the conclusion bikes are for riding & not just to look pretty!

I took the bandit out today for a good blast (no cobwebs left in sight)

Unfortunately old habits die hard & couldn’t wait to get it clean & tucked up in bed!!!

Wonder it’s a medical condition :)

Happy riding Tony...

Yeh lads " Its been glorious weather up here too , :jossun: ,, all my bikes are in bits ,, :shakeno: , Dry roads too , I"v sold my ZRX, picking up the ZL900 iliminator at weekend , [yorkshire ]

Bet it rains next week ,, :madflame:

Nope, nick wifeys car when able otherwise its the DT, the TDR doesent even come outside till the salt is gone COMPLETELY.

They joked that a TDR would rot riding past a chip shop. I'm not at all sure it was a joke judging by the thickness of the paint........

zig-and-zag-590x350.jpg

Yeah, went up and down zig zag hill today; several times over. Great fun, particularly over the top to Tollard Royal.

Did a few other nice roads - Amesbury to Old Sarum, a trot around the edge of the Blackdowns and the Aller to Othery road (very bendy).

200 miles in total.

Great fun.

I've been comtemplating getting the 1300 out this week (don't think I can wait til 'spring')... its covered in ACF-50 to protect from the salt but I don't fancy the 2 hours of cleaning when I get back... decisions decisions...

I've been out it the bloody rain, mad wind, and a little snow all bloody winter.

When the weather is nice i have to work,,,,, unless its a sunday or mabey the odd monday.

A dry day here is like heaven,,,,, i havent seen the roads dry since i came back from Squires last year !!!

Serious,,, no dry roads in months

Shit pat" we are usually the same but been spring like, 13.6 degrees today & 12 yesterday. dry roads , mild wind, warmer here than most of europe they said on weather, ,

Shit pat" we are usually the same but been spring like, 13.6 degrees today & 12 yesterday. dry roads , mild wind, warmer here than most of europe they said on weather, ,

Looking forward to pics of the new horse,,,,, ZL900 Ilimanator,,,,, r ya ridin her home from York

Na, trailer, Black Tiger [ sye] has bought a Can-am quad, its ipswich, were going down Sunday .staying over, then york on the monday, :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online