Stop vat on air ambulance fuel petition

mervin
This post is 4602 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well Air ambulances paid for by charity, save the government a fortune in ambulance costs and what do they do but charge vat on the fuel , please sign the petition , and get your cat , dog , granny, budgie, ferrets, pigeons,anteaters, 3 toed sloths etc to do so as well please

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive seen the air ambulance in action more times than i can count on both my hands. Majority of those times where when i was in the Army (we where a bunch of clumsy fucks lol) but two times it was an accedent involving a motorbike. Its such a fantastic bit of life saving kit and its stupid that the Government will not fund it!

If they cant be arsed to fund it at least they should kill the VAT on the fuel it uses! For Christ sake we pay enough dosh for our petrol and dirty diesel to give them more than enough money in there back pocket to play with so i cant see their logic in wanting to make such a fantastic asset that is the air ambulance struggle in trying to save peoples lives!

Ok this morning i thought i would check with Devon air ambulance to see what the situation was, someone on another forum suggested they should be able to claim vat back

Dear Mervin

Thank you for your enquiry. Sadly we are not able to reclaim the VAT on fuel as we do not make VATable business supplies against which to offset our input tax. In 2010 we paid c £27,000 in non-recoverable VAT.

Best wishes

Heléna

Heléna Holt

Chief Executive

Devon Air Ambulance Trust

and thats just the 2 Devon air ambulances

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online