Any TDR owners out there might help please?

NEV
This post is 4469 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently purchased a set of wheels that came off a 1992 TDR125R Italia, so that I can SuperMoto my DTR, the Brembo caliper that came with the wheels also off the TDR Italia, needs a rubber boot, the larger of the two boots on the slider tube,been told I cant just buy a replacement rubber boot, and that I have to buy the whole caliper, which ain't going to happen!!

So I was wondering if anybody with knowledge of these type of TDR's or any TDRcome to that, could put me on to a parts list from somewhere, as I can't find one for love nor money, or whether they have the knowledge of compatible boots from other TDR Brembo calipers, or even possibly have a boot knocking about somewhere in their garage / workshop?

bremboboot.jpg

Cheers in advance Nev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had to buy a different DTX Brembo caliper off Ebay the other day Paul,just so I can use the bike, infact while looking around for one, I rang these up that are selling that one you've linked to, as its missing the 'L'shaped sliding mounting bracket at the rear, I reckon that there will be a few people duped if they think they're getting the full caliper.

Obviously if I can get the TDR caliper sorted I will do, because of all the time taken cleaning then spraying, plus its got spanking new EBC pads in too, then I can sell on the DTX one on,just seems daft I can't use it because of a 2 bob rubber boot.

Cheers for having a look round for me mate, 'tis appreciated.

Nev

Who told you that you cannot get the boot yamaha or brembo? cos if it was yamaha yu may get more joy from Brembo

It was Brembo UK I rang Merv, chuffin useless, if I could just get hold of a parts list I reckon I could sort it, everywhere I ring up, they tell me that because its an import(the TDR Italia)nothing shows up on their micro fiches, I've even managed to find the model code prefix which is '3SH' and still no joy.

Nev

not sure if the TZR 125 had the same caliper but there is a whole rake of TZR ,manuals here http://www.djunreal.co.uk/bikedocs/

most probably the wrong list but http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epcPageList.asp?ModelID=9520&uid=0

Cheers Merv, the tdr 96 you linked for me is showing a Brembo, but it's the DTX Brembo, although the link for the 4dl TZR link does again show the Brembo caliper but it's the 4 pot, mines only two,but it does look very much like mine, same mounting centres by the look of it, but not a good view of the actual boot, but can ring round with that knowledge, but where you've really helped me out, is I have the Brembo Front master cylinder plus lever, I wanted to fit, but the brake switch spade terminal had broke off, and its a wierd screw on block type, not the normal bayonet fitting like most, so now I can order from that TZR parts list, cheers again bud.

lol seen it Paul, theres another on there for £29 and thats incomplete too, my way of thinking was why buy another caliper and next clean service, and may come to needing parts. I'm gonna be back to square one, thats why I went for the DTX one, cos atleast I can get spares for that,as its common type of Brembo , and can flog it on for people SM'ing their DTR, at least till I can source somewhere for bits for the TDR brembo, as it's now become a task to find a 10 bob rubber boot for it somewhere. albeit a Herculean task.

yeah its fookin stoopid, have you checked the seals in the DTX as compared to the TDR then?...like measured them or something?

Yup much smaller, the slidebar on the DTX which goes inside the two boots is about 8mm, whereas the slide bar on the TDR is about 16mm

the broken boot is the one in the pic next to the green caliper at the top of page.even if i repaired it, it wont go inside in the groove there, its as if its gotten too big, tried freezing it in freezer even, no go. as a very last resort I could superglue it on somehow but dont fancy it, sort of roadside repair job, but not long term.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online