Steering lock German 350lc

screw
This post is 4605 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Can anyone help I have a German import RD350lc been dong some research myself. Has got the steering lock in the headstock.

Seems that the german model did not have the steering lock incorparated in the ignition switch have searhed the german ebay site and found an ignition switch without the lock so my theory does seem to be correct.

Someone has fitted an aftermarket ignition lock with the rectangular steeering lock facility. I have found the steering lock pin can be rectangular or round on different locks. No idea which one is right.

So can anyone tell me which shape pin is right? as the one on my bike does not work, does not seem to locate into the frame at all. At the moment do not want to take it appart to investigate. Has anyone else come across this predicament?

Is there an easy solution to get it to work? Would make life easier if it all worked off the igniton barrell.

Thanks

Screw

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No sure about the steering lock but there are some on German ebay at the moment.

There are also a pair of carbs on there at mega cheap money LINKY

you'll probably find the XS and Aircooled bikes have the same earlier set up.

Mine has the neiman lock on the headstock as Its a '77 later XS's had the lock built in the ignition.

ther's a NOS for the xs on ebay now

http://www.ebay.co.u...R-/140565010125

check out cmsnl.com for your bikes parts numbers and compatability

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online