New Member says Hi & begs help!!!

This post is 4622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone :colors:

I have just joined this club in the hope that someone here can help me out!

I don't have a bike of my own at the moment but my son has two - a new Derbi which he regrets buying (no fun) and an 02 DT125R which he has just bought for fun - and has provided very little so far!!!!!

He has had the bike for about a week now and for the first 3 days he was over the moon, but then noticed that as it "hit the power-band" it started to struggle and sounded like it was miss-firing. It also became difficult to start. This increasingly worsened until last night it died on him at traffic-lights and ended up coming home in the back of a van.

I am not the greatest mechanic in the world, but believe it likely to be one of the following:

Blocked Jet

Water ingress (it was raining hard yesterday)

Electrical fault

The bike has had after-market bits fitted by the previous owner including a DEP exhaust and power valve modification but this is all a different language to me who has only ever owned four strokes.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to try and get his pride and joy running again please - I cant be doing with any Kevin and Perry crap :help:

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Airhead

Thanks for the welcome and quick response!

I sprayed WD40 around suppressor cap yesterday before he went out due to the poor starting, but haven't done anything yet today as I'm at work, so I guess this will all be homework tonight :(

Welcome Clueless " you say rained hard,, was the bike outside ,or garaged,, drain the fuel also , see if water ingress, if inline filtre , change too.

Hi Blackhat

The bike is covered on the drive, but has been used to being garaged in the past.

Removed and checked the plug last night which was in a bad way, so replaced it and bike is firing fine now :D .

Hopefully that is the end of this little saga but I have no doubt that I will be needing advice again!!!

Thanks to both you and Airhead for your interest

Make sure it has the correct plug, you will have no end of p[roblems if it has the wrong plug, if it was bought secondhand do not assume it has the correct plug fitted when you buy it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online