1981 sr cables how do they fit

skik
This post is 4632 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my local yamaha dealer has sent me o rings and 2 spring like clips to hold my speedo and tachometer cables in place.i cant work out how this is ment to work as the end of the outter cable pushes into the hole in the hub [speedo same as tacho] with no room for a clip.it does have a grove in both the cable and hub hole that the o rings fits but how the hell do i secure it.i could post pics but dont know how.im hoping someone with an old sr might be able to help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i may have a SR manual will do a link if i have

Merv

i have a parts manual for an sr with the single clock[mine has two].it shows an o ring with clip.my question is how do i get the clip on.if you could tell me how to post a pic.it would explain better

here ya go

i have a parts manual for an sr with the single clock[mine has two].it shows an o ring with clip.my question is how do i get the clip on.if you could tell me how to post a pic.it would explain better

thanks folks.i got it sorted.after hours of scratching my head i figured it out .god dam simple when you know how.[feel a bit stupid now] o could i have that manual link mervin

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online