Insurance on my bike

Keiran95
This post is 4483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, I am just wondering if anybody knows a insurance company that will not ask me for proof of my 1 year no claims because i wont actually have proof untill april sometime when my policy on my old bike i have just sold finishes and i dont really fancy paying full wack for my new dt 125 in january, but if i have to then i guess thats all i can do, thanks for your time,

Keiran

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

But you won't have a years NCB until April, assuming no claims up to then. Just transfer the new bike onto the existing policy. You will pay any difference for the 3 months remaining - plus a rip of policy change fee - then you can reinsure with the NCB. I haven't been asked for proof of NCB for a long time with any company however, I would not claim I had something I didn't have, nor would I not tell them of any mods. It is simply not worth it because if you have an accident you will not be insured, even if it is not your fault.

Youd be better off just waiting if you want to save money as your current insurer might not be the cheapest for the dt. All insurers will ask for proof of no claims.

Also you're supposed to cancel your old policy if you've sold the bike.

I know my current insurance company checked my no claims electronically with other insurance companies...

Youd be better off just waiting if you want to save money as your current insurer might not be the cheapest for the dt. All insurers will ask for proof of no claims.

Also you're supposed to cancel your old policy if you've sold the bike.

When I changed bikes and insurance, the original insurance company wasn't interested. Told me just to let the policy lapse - it had about three months to run but wasn't worth cashing in after the admin fees. You may also be liable for cancelation fees which cost more than is left on the policy.

i know a way how too get yourself a full no- claims bonus,

but it's illegal so im not telling. :eusa_whistle:

Go on...Say.

illegal smillegal :)

When I changed bikes and insurance, the original insurance company wasn't interested. Told me just to let the policy lapse - it had about three months to run but wasn't worth cashing in after the admin fees. You may also be liable for cancelation fees which cost more than is left on the policy.

Really? I was just going by what i was told. I was only 6 months into the policy and it cost £30 to cancel.

I thought you could only use your no claims on one bike at a time unless you had a multi bike policy?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online