Help decoding a VIN on 1971 Yamaha

DaniCannon
This post is 4642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

My husbands father passed away 15 years ago and used to own a restoration company. We have been trying to track down one of his bikes or cars for years. Recently, through making some great contacts at the DMV I got someone to look up his fathers name and she was able to tell me a VIN number on a 1971 Yamaha he used to own. She said it was : R5037137

Could anyone help me decode this VIN to learn more about it? Thanks so much!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That defenatly the bike

Yamaha R5 and the number is about corect for a 1971 model.

You could do a Vehicle check (HPI check) on the frame number and that will tell you if its out there and the reg number.

You could then pay DVLA for the owners details.

You could always ask on the www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk one of the members may have it and thees a secton called "have you seen my RD"

It may well be about and on the road.

At a guess Dani is in the usa, DMV i think is department of motor vehicles, but asking on the aircooled forum is a good shout Paul. maybe even usa2strokers i

Merv

Nothing to apologise for Paul. I just googled DMV and it came up with california department for motor vehicles , thats the only reason i guessed it

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online