Oldboy Hello!

Zato
This post is 4639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone, I'm Marcus from up T'North Manchester, I say Oldboy (not that old really) coz I've been in the bike trade for what feels like forever.... probably should have joined this community a while back but, all things considered, you could say I was later than most where the internet is concerned, if that makes sense? Having bought another Yamaha recently I was hoping for a little advice in regards to an accessory but I won't mention that yet as I'm here to simply say Hi!

I've owned a lot of different bikes over the last 20 years (all Jap apart from a new SYM last month), there are still bikes out there that I would love to own, Dragstar 650 next would be good, wanted a Firestorm, a V-Strom or mid range Varadero for ages - I had a yam Genesis a while back that I just could not get along with... it was a fine example just handled like a brick, scared me actually lol Last year I came across a reet gem of a 125 XVS (my first potential cruiser initiation) hidden away and covered in grease in some old fella's garage, proper low mileage and If I hadnt have blagged him that I wanted it for the missus for a birthday present, he would not have sold it to me. As bad as I feel about the blag, it's a crying shame to have a 11 year old showroom condition bike just stuck behind a couple of lawnmowers in someones garage!!

Where I work, we are a multi franchised dealer and hopefully I could be of use to some of you out there that may need parts availability or information that you would not trust other bike shops to give you - the only two manufacturers I'd struggle with would be Ducati or BMW I guess - and just dont ask me about Ching Dingers or Lifans!

So... soz for the waffle, You'll find i'm like that lol Now I'm too impatient and I'm gonna find a part of this site that may offer help in regards to this accessory I'm after - peace all, hopefully I can actually contribute to someone's needs some time in the future!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Marcus " see both manchester teams got there asses whipped recently,, :eusa_whistle: ,,,, nice intro too ,, :thumb:

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome - there are not many website forums out there that are this welcoming! Just been busy last week getting ready for the Gmex this coming weekend, hence late reply... we are representing MV Agusta, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Benelli amongst others down there, should be a cool weekend but busy as lol Many of you just figured out I work for one of Moto GB dealers - our shop just won a major Kawasaki award for 2011 too so loads going on right now. I won't be down at the show but to those of you that are have a great time :beerchug: