hi

punkykev1
This post is 4512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. New to this forum,I am doing up a 1993 xv535 and have some clutch problems when I clutch it in neutral it makes a rattle noise and if i put it into gear it konks out, have got new EBC friction plates and springs and since the springs are 10% stiffer what torque do I tighten them to and any other tips please thanks punkykev1

my bikes.... Suzuki 1979 125er

Pioneer 2008 Nevada 125

Yamaha 1993 Virago xv535

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You would be better off posting your question in the workshop part of the forum. Does the bike have a side stand switch that kills the engine when in gear and the side stand is down? Other than that, has the clutch been reassembled correctly?

hi DirtyDT, Thanx for the welcome and info, yes it does have a side stand switch icon_redface.gif (the guy i bought it from said he disabled it)..so works better now, clutch still makes noise, I have'nt changed the friction plates yet was just wondering if i would use same torque on EBC springs as haynes manual says for OEM springs...

Hi Michelsmith icon_salut.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online