SR125 not starting, buzzing/clicking noise

RubySR
This post is 4541 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

My SR125 hasn't been used the last two weeks due to the bad weather so yesterday I went to give it a run out only it wouldn't start. When I go to start it I get a buzzing / clicking sound coming from the battery area. I've checked all connections to the battery and all wires around the battery / starter motor seem to be secure.

Could it be the battery is too low to get the starter motor turning over? Or is it an issue with the starter motor itself?

Any help gratefully received :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Same as a car. You can jump it from a car just make sure you don't touch the frame with the croc clips and leave the car engine off.

As mentioned above DO NOT use a car battery charger as these charge at a much higher Amperage and will ruin a small bike battery. Just had a look on a couple of sites and it looks like the battery for the SR125 is only 7 amp. So you want a charger that charges at 1/10th of this i.e 0.7amp or 700 milliamps. There are some on ebay that are rated at 500 milliamp or 0.5amp so these would be ideal. Certainly do not use one over 1 amp for your battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6v-12v-MOTORCYCLE-TRICKLE-BATTERY-CHARGER-CAR-QUAD-ATV-/270773934118?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0b625826

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online