YBR 125 CAFE RACER ?

bobo
This post is 3893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i own a 2009 Yamaha YBR125 and fancy modding it into a cafe racer after finding a really nice picture of a ybr125 cafe racer on google images,,just search "yamaha ybr125 cafe racer" on google images theres a pic on the first row and one on the eigth row down,can anyone let me know what they think of the bike,i really want to know where to get a seat and rear chrome mudguard assy like the one in the picture,or what model bike the rear mudguard asseblies off of, and turn my bike into one like in the picture,hoping a forum member can help cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1st of all if it aint broke dont fix it! you can sell it for more if its standard.

its going to be quite a bit of work for a 125, ur best bet would be to take a few pictures of it without the seat and plastics, then we can have a better look at the frame.

Hey, and welcomer to the site! ANY thing is possible if you are willing to put the man hours in and are prepared to wait for it. I couldn't see the pic on google so if you find it and copy n paste the web URL in here so we can see what your after and also post a pic of your bike using photo bucket then im sure we can go from there.

Hey, and welcomer to the site! ANY thing is possible if you are willing to put the man hours in and are prepared to wait for it. I couldn't see the pic on google so if you find it and copy n paste the web URL in here so we can see what your after and also post a pic of your bike using photo bucket then im sure we can go from there.

Have now posted a pic of the bike cheers

well.....from what i can see it looks like an easy conversion.

looks to me like they have done the following.

changed bars (e-bay)

taken back end of plastics off

replaced seat (suppose you could make one from fibreglass)

taken plastics on tank, off

if the frame goes right up to the lights then i think what they have done is cut the back end of the frame off (would have to put a new lights on there) your better off not cutting it

front fender off of something (or cut a 2nd hand original fender to size and paint ?)

put small rear fender on (from something else ......try e-bay?)

taken the covers off the clocks

taken wing mirrors off (not such a good idea have a look at bar end mirrors)

and changed the exhaust. (think wemoto.com do them)

yeah think thats about it ....as far as i can see

you might be better off getting a spare 2nd hand seat and see if you can get it upholsterd to the cafe racer one, or try your hand at making one?

keep all the parts you take off and put them in a safe place, then if you ever come to sell the bike, you have them (makes for a good selling point)

Cafe racer rear end you can buy fully built (ebay) check out this post

Chuck a set of clip on handle bars on and a pair of old sckool bar end mirrors (again ebay) Remover all useless crap that your not gunna need.

And thats it. Job jobbed.

• 1 year later...

Cafe racer rear end you can buy fully built (ebay) check out this post

Chuck a set of clip on handle bars on and a pair of old sckool bar end mirrors (again ebay) Remover all useless crap that your not gunna need.

And thats it. Job jobbed.

What he said! but to be a real cafe racer it has to be able to do a ton that's the hard bit, also its nice to be inspired by someone else but don't do a copy, a cafe racer is all about your own individual style and input

I hope he has finished it by now Tommy, the thread is nearly 2 years old.

Either that or he is still accelerating to get to "The ton".

• Like 1

I hope he has finished it by now Tommy, the thread is nearly 2 years old.

Either that or he is still accelerating to get to "The ton".

LMFAO he would be around the world 2x by now. and never got to a ton

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online