V.I.N Number help please

trigger85
This post is 4509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have got a Yamaha xj600 s diversion (1994) im trying to find out the vin number so I can apply for the logbook. It says in my user manual the vin number is located on the head stock which i have found but the only trouble is that its a 14 digit number and not a 17 digit number. has any one else had the same kind of issues. any help will be appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if there are only 14 digits then this should be all you need. The standard now is 17 however, 9, 11 and 14 are not uncommon. I am guessing you got no documents with the bike, so no numberplate either. The biggest problem is if it a stolen, written off or imported frame with the import duty not paid.

No logbook as he miss placed it, number plate is on bike, text check came back with the same 4 digits as the end of the 14 digit code. So if it's normal to have a 14 digit code on a 94 plate, then I'll crack on and apply for new v5.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online