Front fork rechroming

slice
This post is 4669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, Just going to ask if anyone has used Philpots at PITTED FORKS in Luton to have any of their rechroming done, just bought a spare set of forks off of ebay to replace my old knackered set and Philpots want £156 all in inc P+P for a full hard rechrome of the stancions fully guaranteed for 12 months, sounds like a good deal to me but do you know better? If you happen to know of a better deal please give me a call or PM me if you want to check them out for yourself then they are at www.pittedforks.co.uk. Martin. :jossun:

P.S It seems that due to demand there is a 4 week turn round on their jobs but as the bike is laid up for the winter not a problem for me but might be for some others.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Yes I have used them to have the forks on my DT re-chromed, they hard chromed them which I believe is more durable than the original chrome, but it does not shine like the chrome on the cycle parts such as the head lamp rim, they turned the forks around in about 2 to 3 weeks I cannot remember the exact amount of time because they plated one of the fork legs twice as it did not pass their quality control,

I would use them again,

Not many around that do it now for bikes.

There is another company in Wales that do them too, but can't remember the name

do you know what, my stantions on the bike was just bright chromed and its been that way for 6 years now!

These guys did my DT stanchions recently................

Rockrome (Engineering) Ltd

156, Sandy Road

Liverpool

L21 1AQ

0151 928 0080

Excellent job, came highly recommended and fairly quick service too.

I think they charged £120 all-in from what i remember.

V.

Thanks all, I will give these guys a go and see what happens, I will get back to you DT and let you know what they are like. :jossun:

Thanks all, I will give these guys a go and see what happens, I will get back to you DT and let you know what they are like. :jossun:

Cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online