Yamaha t80

Sammyt80
This post is 4600 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does any body else have a T80 they use on here as they are getting pretty rare 40 left on the road tax and tested, i use mine everyday to get to college and general buzzing around, not bad for a 19 year old bike its done 4,500 miles since August, I have to thrase it abit in 2nd and 3rd but she gets up to 45 nicely.

She is abit ratterly at low speeds due to needing valves clearances doing and abit of a whine when hot but she does what she does nicely and glad I got here Instead of a c90 better fuel range and handling and just a good laugh.

I heard they do a 2 stroke version but less mpg and not as reliably.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

..............................I heard they do a 2 stroke version but less mpg and not as reliably.

Not sure if this is true, a DT80 engine perhaps? The 2 stroke would be more fun though.

In 4 gear around 35 mph and pull the throttle gives you a kick in the back and shots off, going throught the box and will burn cars off the line hitting the red line. She is abit of a riot but good in traffic.

The 2 stroke I think was the v90 but managed only 50 mpg where I can squeeze 120 mpg out of £5, it's nice shaft drive but if I had chain and sprockets it would be a lot quicker than a c90 but no adjusting or lubing every week is nice, it's wiered having a bike as old as me but we get on good no matter how much stick I get at college.