tyres for 5eb R6

fieldarcher
This post is 4675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, has anyone tried a 70 profile on the front of an 2002 R6, I need new tyres and the 60 profile is often more expensive or not available.

Please I know tyres are black and round and there is one on the front and one on the back.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't but it will alter your speedo accuracy, change the steering characteristics (steer slower) and you should tell your insurers.

Also check clearance of mudguard with 70 profile specially in summer picking up gravel. Try sports touring tyres I run BT023 on my 5eb and they are superb wet or dry and shop around for prices buy them yourself and get your bike shop to fit them

I haven't but it will alter your speedo accuracy, change the steering characteristics (steer slower) and you should tell your insurers.

speedo is run of a gearbx senser. Having done some more research the rolling radius is approx .35 of an inch and the mudguard clearance is approx 1 inch, I think I will take a chance as M&p are flogging a pair of BT 014s for £139 with a 70 profile, anyway the wife has assured me that 3/4 inch shouldn't make a difference if I use it right

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online