Help needed on powervalve set-up

NEV
This post is 4546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently bought a power valve servo, pulley housing, pulley and cables, so I can change my set up from a manually pinned non servo set up, to a servo run powervalve assembly, I noticed that one of the cables is just starting to fray at one end,and needs replacing, whilst looking through the parts list, so as to get the correct cable, as one is 220mm, and the other 240mm, noticed there is a difference in the two types of powervalve assemblies.

Originally I was under the impression, I just had to take the cover off mine, replace that with the pulley housing, attach the pulley on to the end of the power valve, set up the cables to the power valve, put the end cover back on and off I went. But as I say looking at the two parts drawings, on mine (non servo) there is part number 20 which looks like it sits over the end of the P/V, acting as some sort of bush, and on the servo type, parts drawing there are parts 17, 18, and 19, my question is do I have to replace my part 20, with parts 17, 18, and 19, or can I get away with just bolting straight on, as I was firstly going to do?

Cheers Nev

Non servo type P/V

manualo.jpg

Servo type P/V

servoba.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye OG, I reckoned part 17 to be a holder/bush same as 20 in the top diagram, and could live with having to buy parts 19 ('O' ring), & 18 (oil seal) at £13 ( 2nd diagram)if needs be, but at nigh on £40 as well for part 17, was hoping I could get away with still using part 20 (top) 21 is just a gasket.

From what I gather part 19 (top) is for locking the P/V in position, as it has a locking pin (shielded from view) which I presume goes into 20, whereas when setting up the servo type, part 19 locks onto the P/V using the diamond shaped male end on the P/V and a diamond shaped female hole on the pulley, and you still have to insert an allen key or similar through a locating hole on and (I'm guessing here on part 17) to tempararily hold it in place, before tightening up the P/V end screw.

Trouble is the more I look at it, the more I reckon I've got to swap 20 with 17.

Looking at that almost certainly you will need the parts from the bottom list as the housing bolts on where that 19 goes, and the bush , O,ring and seal are needed now the valve will be moving,

merv

..........., part 19 locks onto the P/V using the diamond shaped male end on the P/V and a diamond shaped female hole on the pulley, and you still have to insert an allen key or similar through a locating hole on and (I'm guessing here on part 17) to tempararily hold it in place, before tightening up the P/V end screw.

Trouble is the more I look at it, the more I reckon I've got to swap 20 with 17.

By the way the pulley doesnt have a diamond shaped recess, the valves with the diamond shaped connections enabled a restricted position to be set (see my de-restricting topic), however there are valves that have parallel sided connections that fit the pulley snugly and cannot be set in a restricted position

Cheers lads, I'm waiting for the bloke who I bought the p/v servo and stuff to get back to me, with any luck he'll still have the bush kicking about somewhere, although I reckon I'll be getting a new oil seal and O ring.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online