yzf r125 58 reg

maff
This post is 4568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my bike has been drinking oil since i bought it back in the summer forget the month

im topping it up every 2 weeks and it will be just marking the bottom of the dip stick then

ive got use to this and no when its getting low as the bike sounds and fells odd and the gear changes get a bit notchy

but ive just been out to check the oil and its over the max and runny as hell in fact it stinks of fuel

the bike has got 21000 on the clock but the engine was rebuilt by a shop but forget the name but do have a recipt

how much will it cost to get the engine fixed

now would i be wasting my money on the bike

it also needs new tyres soon as im down to about 2.5mm on both and it will require a new chain and sprockets as this was an advisory on the mot

i commute 24 miles a day on it so im guessing if i continue to ride it the engine will at some point get to hot and size up or will it just keep on going

wot would you lot do with the bike

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would take it back to the shop that rebuilt it, if petrol is in the oil it be the piston rings are f#%ked and letting petrol run down the cylinder into the sump, when starting up is there a lot of smoke especially blue smoke which means the piston rings have given up and engine will need rebuilding but advise finding some where better to rebuild, drain the oil and refill and the recheck again after a run to see if there is still petrol in the oil and how much used.

It could be what Sammy advised. I would guess a top end rebuild at the very least. On a '58 plate the bike would still be worth saving, even with the other bits that need doing. The easiest 2 options are;

1) Sell the bike as a non runner

2) Buy another engine and fit it. This is normally easier than messing with stripping an engine. One for sale here LINKY

What dirty dt said is a better way to go if you keep getting dodgy rebuilds its wasting time it will be cheaper to fit that and that engine has covered low miles,

An 08 Yzf that has done 21,000 miles in 3 years is good going but just swap the engine and hope you get a better result matey.