New 'Waterproofing' Spray Launched In US

sniff6
This post is 4509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi dirty, Bri-nylon ??? no never heard of it. LOL

I still have my Bri-nylon shirts. Anyone remember them?

Bloody hell, yes. My old school shirts were Bri-nylon, made you sweat even on a cold day, that was in the 60s.

Thought theyd long passed away, they deserve too

How old are these shirts of yours then?

cheapest waterproofing youll get is fabric conditioner, buy cheepo from supermarket , put loads in the main wash cycle of your washing machine, job done...maybe need to air for a couple of days to get rid of smell.. but it works

hi dirty, Bri-nylon ??? no never heard of it. LOL

Read below and learn mate.

Bloody hell, yes. My old school shirts were Bri-nylon, made you sweat even on a cold day, that was in the 60s.

Thought theyd long passed away, they deserve too

How old are these shirts of yours then?

I havent really still got any. For those who cant remember them they were basically plastic woven garments, including underwear. Because they were plastic they never adsorbed anything so everything washed out. They did seem to go a dirty grey colour very quickly and made you sweat, especially the skiddies.

cheapest waterproofing youll get is fabric conditioner, buy cheepo from supermarket , put loads in the main wash cycle of your washing machine, job done...maybe need to air for a couple of days to get rid of smell.. but it works

I think fabric softener has the same basic ingredients as hair conditioner and they are interchangeable. I brought a 2 pack of Nickwax recently. The wash and the waterproofer. Highly recommended form me.

I spray my boots with WD40 and never have any leaks unless its raining cats and dogs.

I still have my Bri-nylon shirts. Anyone remember them?

We had the brushed Bri Nylon bed sheets.Man the static of those things.Nice and warm to start with ,but sweating by the morning lol

We had the brushed Bri Nylon bed sheets.Man the static of those things.Nice and warm to start with ,but sweating by the morning lol

why would you sweat in bed? :eusa_whistle:

Ahhhhh Brentford Nylons, fibreglass curtains, asbestos insulation and lead paint..................... they didn't do me any harm. I think??