F*cking two strokes...

wild foamy
This post is 4664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

its been a hard day, i now have a new hobby where i buy and sell generators and petrol powered equipment, basically i bought some generators ars spares or repair, most of them run but there are two that as of so far have beat me...

1:) SIP Medusa 950 generator, two stroke, spins over, has spark, has fuel, will not start

2:) SIP Medusa 950 generator, two stroke, spins over, sparks, used to run if petrol was put down the spark plug hole but now it doesnt start at all even if span over with a drill,.

im at my wits end with these two, the other units i bought used to come to life after a few pulls and a bit of persuasion with some petrol down the plug 'ol, but these two have caused me nothing but trouble, what is it about these two strokes that im missing?, ive blown the carbs out with an airline, checked the reed valves and they have compression, so what am i doing wrong?

any advice appreciated as usual, i've had too much to drink already so bollocks to it, im off to bed

- Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you checked the relay that sits behind the front panel, the one that monitors the output to the plug I believe that it is an overload relay but if it is blown the generator can;t supply power to the ignition. I bought a load of them from Argos Returns some years ago and had the same/similar problems. :eusa_whistle:

How long have they been idle" ,,did you clean the jets? sounds like waxed jets,,,, fuel tap also... some have a filtre ,,,, :eusa_think:

Filters in the fuel tap have been stripped and cleaned, carbs have been stripped and cleaned, bought another generator today which sprang to life after a bit of the usual persuasion so i used the plug out of that one in the stubborn SIP unit and although it kicks and farts when span over with a drill it isnt quite running under its own power, im ordering some new plugs today and hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like usual worn out symptoms , 2 strokes need compression, spark, petrol and secondary compression , lack of secondary comp is usually and air leak either through worn crank seals , an airleak from carb to engine , barrel gasket leak ,or reeds that wont seat down properly , good tip for getting the little sods to start in this colder weather is stick the plug in the oven and get it hot , put it in straight away and should fire , you could try easy start ...... as a last resort

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online