newbie says hello

This post is 4571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys im craig from liverpool england, recently passed my full bike test and after a short while riding a boring gs500 decided to get my self a used r6 as i have always loved the bike its a 1999 white red and black in colour and i love it. just saying hi and feel free to offer any advice :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome. So glad i passed my test years ago, its all very confusing now.

yeah im quite lucky really passed with no issues but i have had riding experience before with motocross it was a bit daunting at first though on the road but im getting there :) taking small steps at a time getting used to my bike :)

haha i was trying to do the sensible thing as sooooooo many people warned me off the r6 but yeah i didnt enjoy it at all for some reason i cant upload the picture of my bike anyone any idea why i am a mac user if this makes any differance? thanks guys

nice bike :) how was the test i was going to do my test and get a big bike the some just gone but lost job now winter coming got a new job and now going to wait till summer comming any things to watch out for/ to prepair myself for ?

thanks mate yeah the test was surprisingly ok, i was a bit nervous at first, but they have module 1 which is slow control manouvers such as u turn and figure of eight etc and emergency stops and hazard avoidance well you swerve in between 2 cones at about 30 mph not really that difficult but i was nervous doing the u turn as u cant touch the floor its an instant fail. module 2 is a road test they follow you in a car and you follow a set route i found this to be the easier of the 2 modules simply cause im used to being on the road they are big on observations and road positioning your supposed to command your road space. i can pass you my old book on the full test of you decide to go ahead and do it it took me about 4 weeks to do the whole thing from cbt to full lisence but thats only cause of my work commitments you can do it in a week if you pass everything first time good luck and let me know how you get on :)