First Bike

Alan
This post is 6015 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps.

What bikes did you all start out on?

Any embarrassing ones?

To start the ball rolling my first bike was a pinnacle of Germanic engineering.

I t was

:doggy::elephant::doggy:

A 1978 MZ TS150

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi alan. my first bike was a honda mtx50 that i put a 125 suzuki engine into. i were 12 at the time. my dad obviously helped me with the swap. it was loads of fun but broke down alot! and the tyres(road trailie things) were really crap off road. i couldn't ride it for tuppence for ages then i just seemed to get the hang of it and i've never looked back. thinking about it, the mtx engine is still in the shed. it's got a piston like a thimble :lol:

The 1st Bike I ever rode.....was a H*nda Z50.......that's right, a Bonafied Monkey-Bike! :lol: ......Quite a following these things have these days ;) a good friend of mine has an All-Chrome one with a hopped-up 70cc lump in it........he wheelies that thing everywhere! :P

1st Bike I owned was a '75 Kawasaki F9-350 BigHorn......cool Stroker Enduro with rotary-disc induction B)

My brother used to call it the Bacon-Slicer ;)

I bought the MZ because all my mates were riding Fizzies and AP50's and I wanted a proper (sic) bike? I did actually learn to ride on an AP50 but decided to go for the MZ because a new one was cheaper than a second hand Fizzie etc.

I paid £278.00 otr. You get what you paid for - shit brakes, Pneumant no grip tyres and an agricultural engine and you had to mix the petrol and oil. A 65mph top speed if you were lucky and my mates on their Fizzies and AP50's would blow it away!

BUT

This bike gave me freedom. I could go where I liked when I liked. I rode it at every opportunity in all weathers. I was devastated when a myopic car driver pulled out of a side road and killed it! (The insurance payout got me a RD200 DX tho).

I HAD LOADS OF OFF ROADERS INCLUDING A 76 XL 250 A HONDA CITY EXPRESS SCOOTER STRIPPED DOWN TO A BARE FRAME WITH JUST THE ESSENTIAL PARTS TO MAKE IT USEABLE AND THE SEAT WAS HELD ON WITH A WAIST BELT, KE100 TS125,RM 500 WHICH WASA LETHALY QUICK.AND MY FIRST ROAD LEGAL BIKE WAS A HONDA GAY CG125 THEN NUMEROUS DT125R,S AND NOW I GOT A RUSTY OLD RENAULT 19 1.9 GTD DIESEL WHICH HAS A STARTER MOTOR THAT DOES NOT WORK SO I HAVE TO PARK IT ON A HILL EVERYTIME I USE IT, AND IF YOU THINK I AM LYING ASK MY MOTHER SHE FINDS IT HIGHLY AMUSING :blink:

Cheers mate.

Aye, makes my car feel like it's going backwards and, as a bonus, the kids on my street love it- they have me pegged as a superstar.  :D

my first ever bike [if thats what you call it ] was a jawa cz. i still have fond memories of it. i came off it one day going across a dualcarriage way,, the back tyre blew out, it went one way and 7 months pregnant me went the other way,

then i had a suzuki sp 370 trials bike. that was okish.. i did split my guts laughin at mozzy i while back, he came home with some old bone shaker. he played about with it for days, then it was launch day , he goes off over the local park racing around on it,showing off infront of a group of lads.he build up some speed went to jump over some ramp and the bloody seat wasnt attached the bike took off without mozzy but he was still sitting on the seat??? then when he landed he rolled in a bush or stinggers, you should have seen the state of him when he came home all red faced ,and his body in a sting rash, plus the embaressment of these group of kids laughing at him,,good old mozzy he knows how to make people laugh,, :offtopic::offtopic:

'boozehound'....haha great username mate. i thought only me and my girlfriend used that word :lol: wait a minute, you're not her are you :o kidding mate :blink: . welcome aboard and cool first ride B)

my first ever  bike [if thats what you call it ] was a jawa cz. i still have fond memories of it. i came off it one day  going across a dualcarriage way,, the back tyre blew out, it went one way and 7 months pregnant me went the other way,

then i had a suzuki sp 370 trials bike. that was okish.. i did  split my guts laughin at mozzy i while back, he came home with some old bone shaker. he played about with it for days, then it was launch day , he goes off over the local park racing around on it,showing off infront of a group of lads.he build up some speed went to jump over some ramp and the bloody seat wasnt attached the bike took off without mozzy but he was still sitting on the seat??? then when he landed he rolled in a bush or stinggers, you should have seen the state of him when he came home all red faced ,and his body in a sting rash, plus the embaressment of these group of kids laughing at him,,good old mozzy he knows how to make people laugh,, :offtopic:  :offtopic:

that old "boneshaker" was my xl 250 .

the rm was given to mew it was bloody quick but i only used it a few times.

i also had and it was my first ever bike( i rode geared b4 an automatic) and im sure i remember it was a blue suziki gp 100 which i found in some bushes. come to think of it i had a clunk 70 that was a bit of fun. aklso had a xl 125 but never used it as i couldnty get a back w#heel for it then i sold it to a mate and his step dad bodged a load of dtr125 bits on it he took it out once and a load of kids that had stolen gsxr 600 which they were using aS a field bike liked his xl125 so they hit him off and kept lol.

oh and mum i thought the sp370 was dads