My friend wants a bike...(X Post from The Bar)

Columbo
This post is 4640 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

0 replies in the bar :shakeno:

Moved here in the hopes of some help.

My friend Andre is looking for a bike.

He's 20 in a few weeks and I was either looking into getting him a bike (Would have to be dirt cheap) or helping him find a bike.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to WHAT bike he could get nice and cheap?

Does anyone know where to get said bike in london?

Much love to you all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just to let ya know,,,,,,, if ya get a dirt cheap bike for your mate there will be work need to do on it.

So ye have 2 options,,,,,,,,,1) buy cheap bike, spend as much again fixing it up,,,,,,,,2) save for a half deecent bike that needs no work.

Sadly, I just saw him today and he's in a bit of a state....

Ex-girlfriend being a bitch, got offered a job but cant take it or his mother loses her benefits (that she relies on)(Legitimately sick and unable to work)(Caring for 2 children)(He's doing most of the caring)

He wont have money to fix it up and he wont have money for a mechanic....

I was gonna buy him a haynes manual to go with the bike and let him use my garage and tools.

He'll benefit for the hands on work

He'll enjoy the work

Anyways, he's my best mate in the whole world and I wanna do something epic for him.

I'd love anyone who could help forever!

Point me towards a cheap bike!

you mean my 1 month old 61plate ybr? The one that is my baby? my first bike that i'll remember forever?

Thats an excellent idea!

Yep!!

..........................He wont have money to fix it up and he wont have money for a mechanic....

Anyways, he's my best mate in the whole world and I wanna do something epic for him.

He's no money to fix a bike up

He's no money to buy a bike

He's no income

Without income, he wont be able to afford to run the bike (tax/insurance/mot/fuel)

From the content of previous posts, it appears that his mothers benefits are keeping him then

I conclude the best chance of him beng able to afford a motorcycle is for him to take employment

neversaydie. you raise good points.

The problem is, his mother is sick and NEEDS the benefits.

he cant get a job or she loses those benefits.

So he needs a house.

Cant get a house without a job...

FUCK THE SYSTEM!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online