Argos Catalogue 1976

drewpy
This post is 4578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that was mental, bearing in mind i was only 1yr old that year but i recognised a few items that my folks deffo mustve got from argos as they had them for years lol and £53 for an lcd watch fackinell lol i loved they watches in the 80s thought they were very futristic and think i was getting a new one nearly every two weeks at the cost of £10 quid and under from a local garage, mad days :)

I had one similar to catalogue number 21. Cost my mum £40. That was megga money then.

'76, had my TS90 at the time and the summer that year.................................................................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeh dirty " 1976.. was a belter of a summer,,, sun from may till september, ,,, no rain at-all . :spin2:

What about cigarette lighters,,, see how they were part of the funiture, now u never see an ash tray....

Yeh dirty " 1976.. was a belter of a summer,,, sun from may till september, ,,, no rain at-all . :spin2:

What about cigarette lighters,,, see how they were part of the funiture, now u never see an ash tray....

I used to like those green onyx ones where you got the chunkiest lighter and ashtray 2 piece pack. They used to go well with the silver plated cruet set and the stainless steel carving set.

Old folk will know what I am talking about.

I was 13 then, got my Mamod traction engine for my 13th. and they ran out of ice cream that summer

Think my parents must have got every thing from that Argos catalogue including there hair cuts! out of all of that id must rather get the mecharno sets! wish i still had mine now.....not the same any more, nor is Lego! all pre made crap now, leaves no room for imagination.

What a summer, clear blue skys every day for nigh on 5 months. Knocking on the pub door at 6.00pm to get em to open so all that lost body fluid can be replaced, and 10.30pm closing too, more than long enough to get filled up. :jossun: Happy days

Pint of beer, 30p was it?

Not a hoodie in sight

Cyclists on the road, not the bloody pavement

Walked out of a job one friday, passed a factory on the way home, stuck my head round the door of personnel (not Human effin Resources), any jobs duck, yes can you start Monday. Job done. No effin assessments, tests, phsycoanalysis etc

Loved the seventies

Aye and when Poolsbrook was called Spike :jossun:

I had the yellow Tonka truck,,,,,,they dont make toys like that anymore.

It was such good quality (made of steel) that i think i remember finding it a few years ago while cleaning round the back of the aul-fellas shed.

It was all rusted up but still looked good !!!

Argos selling AIRGUNS!! :lol:

I wish I'd had a few more years of the 70s, if only so I could better appreciate 80s merchandise!!

Oh, and catch shows like Rich Man, Poor Man the first time around!!

Crikey this brought back memories. I was only a wee nipper at the time but the sad thing is I still have some of those toys in my loft! I also never realised how wealthy we were (sarcasm) as my Dad had one of those digital watches! :yay: Sad thing is he's still got it. Must be where I get it from - the hoarding gene :eusa_whistle: