Generators?...

wild foamy
This post is 4645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps

it seems my generator has packed up, and im having trouble finding another (reasonably priced) alternator unit, it still runs but provides no power, and this is the only form of power i have for working on my mini which means that for now all work has stopped on it :(

i need to find a 2.2kw peak/2kw nominal alternator but i dont fancy paying £240 to machine mart for one, the whole generator itself cost me £30 but a new one of similar spec is about £300.

does anybody know where i can find a unit that will fit?, im kinda racking my brains about it atm...

cheers all

- Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

depends how much its likely to cost me, theres a 2.5kw unit on ebay that is sold as "assumed to be working", currently its 0.99p but in bournemouth which means £70 in petrol...

cant u just hire one?

then take the knackerd generater part to the scrappys weigh it in then sell the motor on e-bay for 150 quid or so, should get u about 180 - 200 quid to put towards a new generator.

Its all been solved peeps, as luck would have it i picked up the 2500w one for £0.99 :P, then picked it up whilst i was out picking up another smaller generator i bought, still meant a 200 mile round trip and £50 in fuel :(