I'm sorry but I bought a Honda too....(just til I get through my test though)

This post is 4734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

It says introduce yourself so here goes.

25 years after not finishing my bike test first time round (after my best mate was wiped out on his Honda 400-4) I'm trying again.

I wish I'd done it back then though - 2 attempts to get through my Mod 1 test and I just failed my first attempt at Mod 2 is trying my patience and my wallet.

I always loved the look of Viragos so bought a 250 for when I get through my test (I'm doing Direct Access).

(I was going to upload the photos but I'm struggling with finding out about how to add to the gallery bit).

I then made the mistake ??? of sitting on a Dragstar 650 Classic while trying on a new jacket. One pillion test ride later and I bought that too......looks fantastic as well as smooth.

After feeling pissed off at failing my Mod 2 first time round I thought I'd better get some road time in on a 125 so that i will pass it second time round, and I came across a lovely Honda Shadow VT125 cruiser on eBay so that is my 3rd bike now! Although 11 years old it has a genuine 700 miles on it - the first owner (for 10 years) kept it on a SORN (in a temperature controlled bubble by the look of it) but bought every possible extra bit of Highway Hawk stuff for it and it looks beautiful!

After 10 years it had done 35 miles!!!

Anyway fingers crossed for my Mod 2 on Wed 12th Oct..... I want to play with my Dragstar!

Think I'll have to sell the Virago though - tax bill looming means something will have to go.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wicked!!!

Nice intro and nice bikes, mate!!

Good idea getting some time in on the road. Nothing like experience and practice to provide relaxed confidence for the test!!

Remember what my instructor said to me: "It's not about luck, it's about skill".

Now go get em!!

Hi Mike Welcome to the club!

Nice choice in number of bikes think if i had the money id have a different bike for different days of the week!

As Ttaskmaster said, get as much time on the road as you can... if you live near a busy town center, deliberatly go out on the bike a rush hour (be carful tho as there are some twats out there) but this will get you use to slow manuvering and clutch control and confideance around other traffic. Any one can ride on quiet roads but un till you meet traffic...thats when your riding skills are tested and learned.

I wish you all the luck mate, just relax and take all the time you need...after all...you paid for the bladdey thing its your time your using some take things slow. ;o)

Hi

I have a 650 dragstar classic due to haveing just sat on one while mooching round a bike shop during a brief stay in Skegness with our motorhome, mind you I passed my some 30 years ago when I was 17 so was lucky that way.

Enjoy the bikes, enjoy the riding, thats what its all about to me.

Thanks for your support guys.

I've got some aircraft grade protection spray from the bike shop to fight the salt so I'll give that a go.

I've decided to have another couple of months practice on the Honda Shadow before risking another £150 on the Mod 2 resit.

The Honda is a cracking bike - will be down at Poole Quay on Tuesday nights with it next year!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online