Yamaha newbie (uk) Miss Beanz :)

Beanz
This post is 4734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I am from the uk, central Bedfordshire area.

I come from a bike club/road racing family I have been riding on and off for many years (off road) but only decided to go for a change and go for a road bike so only done my cbt recently :)

I have recently come back from the IOM TT Races that was awesome :) pillioned a RSV Mille for 10 days then came back home and shock horror I spent the next few weeks in hospital having major spinal surgery (nothing to do with bike), I got told only 14 weeks ago I may never walk again.....well here I am up and walking, defied all odds and riding again :)

I have decided to test my body/spine for a few months on a YBR 125 before doing mods and upgrading to a big bike, I don't want to be spending a few grand to find out that my body will not cope with it all.

My mental moment to remember was passengering a F1 sidecar around Brands Hatch topping speeds of 140mph in the pouring rain :) a definate wake up call, I truly recommend it ;)

Beanz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Beanz

Welcome to the forum , good to see someone who is not going too take life lying down and best of luck with the bikes. i hope your body will allow you too carry on

Merv

HOO-RAH!!!! And welcome to the forum, Lady Beanz!!

Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do.... unless they're an armed guard, of course.

Here's hoping you find everything you need for a full and fruitful biking life!!

Catch you on the road sometime,

Tasky.

Hi and welcome

Not done the F1 sidecar thing but used to do classic sidecar when I was a lot younger, Cadwell park was the favourite, 70-80mph was scary enough sitting on basically a plank of wood with a couple of grab rails...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online