check your insurance abroud

up.yours
This post is 4734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my mate , cyril, has just got back from turkey,(i love turkey,,the place not the bird),

his daughter and ,,, well lets say he,s a lucky lad having a stunner like emma, hired a quad bike,

they were asked to sighn some paper work for insurance purposes and then given the keys,

after 150yrd down the road on decending off a small hump bridge, emma felt a sharp pain and asked ashley to pull over. ........

at the hospital she was told to stay in traction for 16 week as she has fractured her spine.

cyril has been in touch with said quad company , who have told him he sighned a whaver that clears them of any responsability , and that she had no insurance with there company, and you must sorte insurance out seperatly. he asked the holliday company and there insurance don't cover for motor or sporting injury,

as it,s self inflicted(WTF), so beware when your abroad,

oh emma's up and about abit now, and can,t wait to get back on her R1.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wtf man

ps am as nished as a pewt

actually that sounds quite bad am just off the phone to ma bro whos been a dick soz

Dave

yeah you gotta be careful and this is a dreadful reminder.

There are only a small number of travel insurance companies that cover 125cc+ riding abroad, from experience you have to read the small print yourself, the people who sell it often are not 100% sure themselves (stupid). Obviously this is an unusual case, but high-risk activities are either not covered or require a premium. Quad-biking is quite a risky activity and I guess many travel-insurance firms would not want to know or would have to add a significant loading.

I hope they get some positive resolution.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online