YBR 250 Fuel pump

whythedevilnot
This post is 4628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having a bit of bother with my bike. On two warmish dry days, it has failed to start (twice in three months so not regular enough for my dealership to find the problem). However, I know that when this happens, it cranks and sparks. I also know that when this happens, though there are two lives on the fuel pump assembly connector there is no whine from the pump it's self (until recovered to the dealer where it magically starts working again). This leaves me knowing there is something dodgy with the fuel pump but it is always behaving for the mechanic who therefore won't be replacing it under warranty.

I have noticed from some research that a number of people are reporting similar problems with YBR125s. Mine being a 250, it seems possible that they are the same unit but I can't be certain.

I looked around and a new pump is around 300 quid which is way too much for me. I am wondering if anyone knows whether the pump is common to other bikes so I can have a better chance of finding a used one.

Many thanks in advance.

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online