RD's!!!!

400-huh
This post is 4782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Having just got nto RD's again and having recently bought 2 duffers I thought it might be useful to join a club to get some info. I have a 1976 RD400DX with a 250 motor! I also have a 1980 RD250E with a 400 motor! Both of those are in the usual 20 year neglect condition, actually I'm wondering what to do with them now that I have them? I also have a 1983 IT250J that I used to race in Enduro back in the 90's - now fully restored and gathering dust in the garage. Drop me a line on the RD's if you have any info that you think may inspire me. Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Having just got nto RD's again and having recently bought 2 duffers I thought it might be useful to join a club to get some info. I have a 1976 RD400DX with a 250 motor! I also have a 1980 RD250E with a 400 motor! Both of those are in the usual 20 year neglect condition, actually I'm wondering what to do with them now that I have them? I also have a 1983 IT250J that I used to race in Enduro back in the 90's - now fully restored and gathering dust in the garage. Drop me a line on the RD's if you have any info that you think may inspire me. Cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum 400, and boy will Mervin just love you, he's an RD madhead too ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum 400, and boy will Mervin just love you, he's an RD madhead too ;)

Hi Nev, Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to getting some advice on the RD's and some good banter too!

Well TBH yes i will say come over too the Aircooled rd clubcos there is just too much info on there for me to transfer here, we have people from all over the world with RD,s on there ,on and where do you live ?

Paul that link is well out of date the latest is www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk

Merv

Well TBH yes i will say come over too the Aircooled rd clubcos there is just too much info on there for me to transfer here, we have people from all over the world with RD,s on there ,on and where do you live ?

Paul that link is well out of date the latest is www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk

Merv

Hi Merv,

I'm in deepest Suffolk! Not sure that the RD250E (might be an F as its genuine yellow?) is viable project with a 400 motor in it? I'm guessing the purist's would say that its a wrong-un! I believe the main differences between the 250 and 400 are rubber engine mounts, exhausts, carbs, airbox and perhaps the swingarm length - is that it?

I'll get on the aircooledclub site as well.

Cheers.

Get in there mate, airbox is only different inside swinger is the same rear engine mount brackets are different. Panuno on the aircooled site is in Hadleigh Suffolk, he recently restored a 350B, as for 250/400 hybrid dont let em worry ya ride it enjoy it

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online