BSA B40 or Bantam D5........2 or 4 stroke ?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BSA?

• B40 - 350cc, four stroke, singe cylinder
    • Bantam D5 - 175cc, two stroke, single cylinder

So, My insurance has came through for my XJ600N, hoooraa ! was reading all my information that came with it and it appears that my policy coveres me (third party) for driving another bike, (as long as its insured by someone)

Was speaking to my old man about it, and he suggested he got his 2 BSA's on the road to go for a few trips this year, and same again next.

so, what one should i ride ?

The Bsa B40, or the Bantam D5?

anyone got any encounters with any of these bikes ?

i can remember sitting on the back of the b40 since i was just tall enough to reach the foot pegs :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gotta agree with Paul

Bantam is only 125/175 at best and very slow, and where bloody temperamental to start,

the 350 will have a bit more go, just do not expect too much, a good japanese 125 will blow it into the weeds,

Merv

My brother had a Bantam about 4 years ago, was always having to give him a push start to get it going when he came to work on it, had a quick go one day and it was like riding a pushbike with and engine in it compared to the modern stuff, didn't really want to go round corners either.

My brother had a Bantam about 4 years ago, was always having to give him a push start to get it going when he came to work on it, had a quick go one day and it was like riding a pushbike with and engine in it compared to the modern stuff, didn't really want to go round corners either.

riding a pushbike ? he's got a BSA winged wheel aswell :P dont fancy that thow :L

Gotta agree with Paul

Bantam is only 125/175 at best and very slow, and where bloody temperamental to start,

the 350 will have a bit more go, just do not expect too much, a good japanese 125 will blow it into the weeds,

Merv

its a 175, and i know . . im not expecting ether of them to ride like the wind tbh, but i must say i like the looks and sound of the bantam better. after sitting in the garage for several years, he put some fuel in, spark plugs back in, primed the carbs, gave it a few slow kicks just to get the fuel moving through the engine.. and it then started on third kick so, dont think startng will be a problem :)

So, My insurance has came through for my XJ600N, hoooraa ! was reading all my information that came with it and it appears that my policy coveres me (third party) for driving another bike, (as long as its insured by someone)

Was speaking to my old man about it, and he suggested he got his 2 BSA's on the road to go for a few trips this year, and same again next.

so, what one should i ride ?

The Bsa B40, or the Bantam D5?

anyone got any encounters with any of these bikes ?

i can remember sitting on the back of the b40 since i was just tall enough to reach the foot pegs :)

Hi

I have ridden both bikes the Bantam is fun round town where throwing a bike about a bit is a hoot, but a pain to refuel needing pre mix

The B40 is a heavier bike and having ridden one around north Wales would be my choice, starting it could be a bit of fun though,

Gears and brakes were always fun having leaping to a BSA straight from a Jap bike

Wish I had a B40

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online