Do we motorcyclists just expect bad service?

DirtyDT
This post is 4795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do we motorcyclists just expect bad service?

• Yes - We are all scum after all.
    • No - We should just go elsewere.
    • Who cares - If I want good service I would have brought a BMW.

Do we motorcyclists just expect bad service?

After my bad experience with Hein Gericke I put this to one side and decided to get some parts for the old TS. Sent Crooks Classic Parts an email with the parts I was looking to price up using their online form. The name, part number and quantity of each part I wanted was all on there. Left my phone number and email. They have a good search facility on their site and the parts (bar one) all seemed to be in stock. I did this Friday. Left it Saturday as I presumed that they would be busy with walk in customers. Called them Monday and they took my name and said they would get back to me. Thursday now and I have not heard a thing. There was about £100 of parts for this order and having priced up the bits I would like to change I reckon about another £1000 from this type of outlet.

I just wanted to know what you all thought so I started a poll.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say option 2 mate but as it's a classic and crooks is your best option...youre stuffed mate, anyhow the bike is 35 years old or so...whats a few more days :P

True.

There is Robinsons Foundry and always CMSNL :D

Aye d,dt " i find the uk sellers are slow at dispatching,,, i"v bought stuff from U.SA. Thialand / germany, and all parts are here within a week,

On the other hand , i bought a chainsaw, from dumfries, [ local] over a week b4 it came,,,dry.gif i was about to email them when it arrived ,

I think its the old british attitude,, coffee, breaks bank holidays, and early finnish on a Friday,, ,,,, just the Attitude that sunk the british Motor industry, and why were all riding Jap bikes to-day,,,B)

I think its the old british attitude,, coffee, breaks , and early finnish on a Friday,, ,,,,

why was i not told about this!!! :angry::lol::P

Aye d,dt " i find the uk sellers are slow at dispatching,,, i"v bought stuff from U.SA. Thialand / germany, and all parts are here within a week,

On the other hand , i bought a chainsaw, from dumfries, [ local] over a week b4 it came,,,dry.gif i was about to email them when it arrived ,

I think its the old british attitude,, coffee, breaks bank holidays, and early finnish on a Friday,, ,,,, just the Attitude that sunk the british Motor industry, and why were all riding Jap bikes to-day,,,B)

Too true Blackhat

why was i not told about this!!! :angry::lol::P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I emailed Robinsons Foundry last night with a part, parts list from my extensive spreadsheet of parts I am going to change. Got home from work early and there was a price list and ETA of all the parts. Checking the parts, one was a fiver more expensive, the rest were the same price with the exception of one. They had misread one part number. I emailed them back and popped out for half an hour. When I got in there was an updated parts list from them and advice about ordering. I ordered using their online system, which is a bit strange to be honest, and entered a code to get free postage. £97 lighter now and I will see what happens next. Given that these types of parts I am going to get are about a grand, it does pay to treat any potential customer well.

Off to update the projects thread now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online