Ebay 2 Piece Leather Suits

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering if anyone had ever purchased leathers of ebay ? i was looking at these ones :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260824575708

think they would be any good ?

for £170 there a bit of a bargain . . .

most of the other leathers i have looked at were about £170 just for the jacket plust another £110 for trousers

i recently bought there boots :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120648299017&category=122214&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

and i must say, i am rather impressed with them and again, for the price WOW

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Matthew

Looks like somebody has had a whinge about the quality and left him bad feedback which seems a little unfair as his advert does clearly state that if you're not happy with the quality simply return them.

Just make sure that you pay with a credit card through paypal and you've got every base covered if they do turn out to be stinkers ;)

Scott

Its a J&S retailer, part of a franchise-their stuff is 'fair' for the cost :)

EDIT-the boots are from a J&S retailer

the suit is not-its a bit loud ? -still looks a good price-wonder if Yamaha have endorsed the use of the name on it?

dunno

yer, buy it and give us your 'critique' on it ;)

There is no mention of triple stitching or CE armour nor thickness of the leather. I would give them a miss.

The ad says 2 piece suites ha ha ha

Its a tarmac surf suit (suite) for £170-of course it aint got the re-assuringly expensive 'invincibility' add ons that you get on gear costing 3 times that much, you could make your own armour out of triple-ply milk cartons, would probably be as effective (IMHO) :mellow:

.........................you could make your own armour out of triple-ply milk cartons, would probably be as effective (IMHO) :mellow:

I have. A bit smelly today though, to be honest.

Did you use staples to fix the 3 plys together or did you stitch them with stwing ?

Its a J&S retailer, part of a franchise-their stuff is 'fair' for the cost :)

EDIT-the boots are from a J&S retailer

the suit is not-its a bit loud ? -still looks a good price-wonder if Yamaha have endorsed the use of the name on it?

dunno

yer, buy it and give us your 'critique' on it ;)

i didnt think it was that loud, compared to versions they do in blue, yellow and especially the red one . . . WOW . . . . . and probs not but, when i'm wearing it who's gonna know ?

have just bought it so fingers crossed, and will have an update as soon as i get it :)

There is no mention of triple stitching or CE armour nor thickness of the leather. I would give them a miss.

The ad says 2 piece suites ha ha ha

as for armour, i have an armour jacket which i will be wearing underneath :)

big box arrived for me today ! i am actaully rather impressed with them :) the leather doesnt look too bad, and it had a 5 piece CE approved armour protection set. Stitching also looks. only draw back is the jacket i got is to small.

Another set back i had is that they took a while to deliver to my address, as its highlands and island. But because of this, they have offered to pay the cost to return them :) think i might change design to this redbull one

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/gbr.store/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A1%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5251&rt=nc&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

....purely just so i dont look stupid when wearing them on another bike thats not a yamaha.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online