Last night my 03 R1 flashed its high beams every few minutes...

TheSaffer
This post is 4604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Last night when I rode home, my 03 R1 flickered its high beams on for one second and then as I continued it kept happening!

At one point all my lights went off for about half a second, which worried me as I was some distance from my house.

This happens while I ride and even when I wait at the lights.

Any one have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Last night when I rode home, my 03 R1 flickered its high beams on for one second and then as I continued it kept happening!

At one point all my lights went off for about half a second, which worried me as I was some distance from my house.

This happens while I ride and even when I wait at the lights.

Any one have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Dodgy earth? broken/breaking trapped wire? corroded main headlight block connectors? handlebar switch internals?

It just got nicked last night...

Just read in your other thread, the bastards!!!!

The fact that so many were stolen, I take it there was a few? They are either in a container somewhere,getting ready to ship abroad abroad, or there's a dodgy bikebreakers in the vicinity no doubt paying a pittance,to a gang of thieving bastards, then breaking them down for Ebay.

I hope your not off the road too long, and talking of thieving bastards, the insurance company pays you the proper whack for your bike.

It just got nicked last night...

Bastards!!! I hope they rode it away and the lights failed.

• 6 months later...

Hi again,

yes I've been away for some time!

And I am now starting to look for a new R1. If anyone knows of a good 2003 -2005 R1 for sale, please let me know. Can spend about £4000 max as my insurance has jumped a bit now.

Cheers

Going back to your original post, I wonder if someone had "had a go" at the wiring in an earlier attempt to steal it and this caused the lights to flicker. Possibly came back and finished the job.

Look luck in looking for your new steed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online