Just introducing myself

This post is 4680 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse WP :huh: , nice intro-we like those ! :)

ok, your room is up there and to the left

byxhorizon4wj.jpg

Hi Windy Pig. Welcome to the forum.

I did have a question. Why do they call you............................ Oh, never mind!

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse WP :huh: , nice intro-we like those ! :)

ok, your room is up there and to the left

byxhorizon4wj.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum WP, you don't have to be crackers to come in here, but it bloody well helps if you are ;)

I'm still waiting for answers on how to fix the keys from sticking on my YAMAHA ELECTONE model B55N ELECTRIC ORGAN, mind :blink:

.........I'm still waiting for answers on how to fix the keys from sticking on my YAMAHA ELECTONE model B55N ELECTRIC ORGAN, mind :blink:

You have an electric organ? I suppose it saves all the sweating!

You have an electric organ? I suppose it saves all the sweating!

Yes, my gran left it to me in her will, she was an organ doner :blink:

Hey everybody,

i'm off down to the garage to fire the bike up. Wish me luck.

Really hoping she runs like a dream and i have no hassle. But considering she was stood for about 6 months, i'm not hopeful.

any common problems i should look out for? or is it just fire her up and see what happens?

Well, with a lot of coaxing, and a little bit of praying, she fired up in the end, checked oil, and air filter. Bit rough sounding at first, but i let her run on full choke till the revs picked up, dropped to half choke, she sounded rough again, and if i tried to rev her (after letting it idle for about 2 mins) she was sputtering and cut out once or twice.

Persevered, and after she warmed up (about 5 mins with some very gentle prodding of the throttle) she was running fine. So wheeled her out of the garage and gave her a go up and down the drive.

She was a little sputtery again at first, and i stalled her once or twice (i think my fault from not knowing bite points and revs etc) but once she was running she sounded happy. Ran her round the side street a little, and she was lovely to ride. Let her sit for a little while, then came back and she started and ran first time, little bit choke to get her fired up, and about 1 minute on half choke and she was lovely.

Only questions i have are, is the difficulty getting her going a sign of an underlying problem or a symptom of her bein sat for a while (someone said gone off petrol possibly).

Also, the speedo is in KM/h, does this mean the mileometer will also actually be in km as well? and can i get this converted to mph or am i going to have to do the math and remember where the correct speed points are?

Also, sorry if i'm asking in the wrong place, if it's better if i start a new thread on a different part of the forum, just let me know and i'll post relevant details in the more appropriate place.

:welcome: windy pig, get some photos of the bike up as well, we all lnosey buggers here :D

Welcome along Windy Pig B)

Post your bike problems in the workshop forum

Nice lil intro, and good to here you are getting into biking

:welcome: windy pig, get some photos of the bike up as well, we all lnosey buggers here :D

Will get some photos up very soon for sure.