Simple job made hard

Cynic
This post is 4817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Cor i have a blocked pilot jet on the TDR, you would not believe the hassle getting to the carbs.

You have to practically take the whole bloody bike to bits, drop the coolant, all the bodywork, tank, exhausts, airbox, what a performance. All for a squirt of carb cleaner, at least i can get in there and clean them up a bit. Might replace the fuel/oil pipe as well.

I've been spoilt by the DT, losen 2 screws whip the throttle slide out and rotate the carb, remove float bowl. If your changing the jet its even less as there is a plug in the float bowl that makes it even quicker.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmmm, you would also be a DTMX rider OG :huh: Or should that be owner :P

So it would appear correct :lol::blink::o:lol:

I see the "old chestnut" excuses have started before the race ride to Squires :rolleyes:

I still prefer working on a 2 stroker though :D

I see the "old chestnut" excuses have started before the race ride to Squires :rolleyes:

I still prefer working on a 2 stroker though :D

You don't know the half of it mate, they are a hoot to ride but a complete ba5tard to fiddle with, not to mention every hose clip and gasket that could stick, crack split or otherwise has. Its 22years old and pretty much untouched, the 2 rubber lines that feed the choke circuit have both disintergrated as has one of the oil feeds. Also the routing of the exhausts means that when (not if) the connectors leaked everything inboard on the engine is coverd in oily crud. I'm amazed it ran.

I'll be on to fowlers tomorrow for a couple of carb and exhaust gaskets as well as some fuel hose and oil line. In a stupid kind of way i've never been so glad of a blocked jet. :rolleyes:

Better now than later. At least you can have a good prod about.

Until I owned old bikes I was told that rubber in a landfill lasted a quadrillion years. Obviously Japanese rubber doesn't as every bit you touch breaks up or cracks. Darn clever them Japs, created biodegradable rubber before there was a use for it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online