Hi From Cornwall, UK

WayneS
This post is 4710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, this site looks great. So, I'm sort of a newbie biker I guess. I passed my test around 7 yrs ago, bougt a bike, (1997 xvs650) but never really rode much at all afterwards, time, work, family... loads of excuses for not doing something I've always really fancied: semi laid the bike up, but started it regularly and rode round the carpark to stop anything sticking but that's about it.... sounds crazy, embarrassing. I've still got my bike and really want to get on it this Summer. Might try and get a couple of refresher lessons, it does feel big and heavy, I'm only a little bloke and my confidence is not where it needs to be. A mate of mine just told me to go out and ride on my own.. and practice: trouble is I took my test back then on a 125, (never owned a bike) bought a 33bhp restricted 650 and found it to be very different. Will get there and I look forward to reading from and posting on this site.

Best wishes Wayne

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All, this site looks great. So, I'm sort of a newbie biker I guess. I passed my test around 7 yrs ago, bougt a bike, (1997 xvs650) but never really rode much at all afterwards, time, work, family... loads of excuses for not doing something I've always really fancied: semi laid the bike up, but started it regularly and rode round the carpark to stop anything sticking but that's about it.... sounds crazy, embarrassing. I've still got my bike and really want to get on it this Summer. Might try and get a couple of refresher lessons, it does feel big and heavy, I'm only a little bloke and my confidence is not where it needs to be. A mate of mine just told me to go out and ride on my own.. and practice: trouble is I took my test back then on a 125, (never owned a bike) bought a 33bhp restricted 650 and found it to be very different. Will get there and I look forward to reading from and posting on this site.

Best wishes Wayne

Hi, and welcome to the forum Wayne, cracking intro, give it about 10 minutes on your bike, and on an open stretch of road mate, it'll all come flooding back to you, it's a buzz that never leaves you, ever! ;)

hey Wayne welcome mate , where you to in Kernow, there is a new training guy starting in the st austell area soon and he would be happy to give you a refresher course i am sure, Kernow training tell him Merv sent you

Merv

Welcome, chap!!

Good choice of bike, too.

When you're feeling confident, start taking the road down the hill into to Boscastle and have fun with the hairpin at the end. See how tight you can turn up it on the way out!!

It takes a skilled rider to do that on a long, big-ass Cruiser like the Dragstar.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online