clutch problem

bram
This post is 4819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I`ve got a Yamaha XJ600S Diversion. 1994

It`s been off the road since January,when i start it up pull the clutch in it`s making

a noise when i put it in gear it stalls.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like the clutch plates have stuck together to me, not quite sure how you would go about clearing em on a heavier bike ,but on the RD,s etc i bump start em and ride along with the clutch pulled in applying the back brake until it clears, and i have the advantage of being in the country on very quiet roads, if you cannot bump start it you maybe able to get it in gear by getting it running down hill before you try to engage first

I`ve got a Yamaha XJ600S Diversion. 1994

It`s been off the road since January,when i start it up pull the clutch in it`s making

a noise when i put it in gear it stalls.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

You can seperate the plates very easy on yours. Put the bike on the centre stand, remove the oil filler cap, stand on the LH side of the bike, pull in the clutch lever and keep it in, lean over the seat and with a small but long flat bladed screwdriver insert the end between the plates and twist the screwdriver gently. Repeat on all plates. Don't forget to replace oil filler cap.

You can seperate the plates very easy on yours. Put the bike on the centre stand, remove the oil filler cap, stand on the LH side of the bike, pull in the clutch lever and keep it in, lean over the seat and with a small but long flat bladed screwdriver insert the end between the plates and twist the screwdriver gently. Repeat on all plates. Don't forget to replace oil filler cap.

Good tip mike, I would run the bike upto temperature on the stand also. Temperature normally helps to release 'frozen' clutches

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online