Hello all

This post is 4824 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all you proud Yamaha owners.

My name is Steve And I live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. I grew up in the middle of Monatana and at around the age of 12 or 13 I was bitten by the Yamaha bug as my uncle moved home to Montana and opened a Yamaha dealership in my hometown.

My first bike was cobbed together from his heap of scrap bikes out back and was a &^%$# step through trail 90. My next bike was a yamaha GT 80A that I put 4000 miles on riding on a 320 acre farm, and then a crash killed the speedo. From there I graduated to a shiney new out of the crate 1979 YZ 125 that I rode so hard I broke the frame back bone on it. Next up was a 1980 YZ 125 that I raced for a few years then in 1983 I purchased a brand new YZ 250 my first water cooled machine. I bought a little Yamaha twin cylinder 4 stroke Street bike back in 83 or 84 also. I had recently started riding again after a long break due to a now ex-wife that didn't like bikes or boats, 2 of my favorite things. I had some downtime due to a slump in the US housing market and thought I would try the 4 stroke motocross bikes and found a nice clean 2001 YZ 250F that I just sold to a nice 16 year old who needed a race bike. I recently sold a 1983 Venture Royale that I picked up for cheap transportation but found it was to big for just running around town. Then I found a sweet little 1975 RD 250B that sounded like a fun machine to own. I have joined the air cooled forum and see that Mervin is a member here also.

Happy motoring everyone, hope I wasn't to long winded

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.