Hello Everyone!!

This post is 4820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

My name is John I live just outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I've wanted a motorcycle all my life. Now at 32 years old I got one!! :D I picked up a 1982 xs400rj. It needs a little TLC before its road ready and i plan on doing most of the work myself. With the help of a few friends and the local Yamaha dealer of course. I've heard it's a nice little easy starter bike to work on..Am I way off??!!

Thanks All!!

Johnny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Its been a week and I've got lots done so far. Still a lot to do. Should have her on the road in another week or two. Was hoping it would be shorter but the guy who owned it last wasn't much for cleaning it. Every thing is coming apart with not too much fuss. All the parts look to be in good condition, just dirty. I'll take it to get the motor tuned next weekend. Strip and clean the front end and paint the body parts first. If it goes as fast as the back end...

Johnny

Hi John and the rest of you all,

I myself have joined the forum since I have a Yamaha bike (Classic) which I am trying to sort out but I will leave all questions for another time. I'm an Irishman living in the Caribbean and I am glad to be here and hope this is as fulfilling to me as I hope my presence will be to you all.

Great Forum thus far lots of info.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online