WTF

mervin
This post is 4823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your right,,,,,,, ATF

Check out the front callipers,,,,,,stupid

And i bet he needs them wheels at the back cause he cant reach the floor.

That thing looks a right mess

What's the problem with the caliper?

I think it looks rather cool. Rat it a bit and it'll do nicely!

FFS buy a car..... what a bell end. :angry:

Again, I ask - what's wrong with this?

It may not look sylistically appeasing particularly, but everything has clean lines and is well constructed. Everything looks like it's supposed to be there, ie it's there for a reason.

I'm intrigued by this and would love to know what fancy gadgets he has on there and why. It's a bit like a massivley hyped up version of my bike - No cosmetic enhancements, all additions having some practical purpose.

It looks like an adventure bike of some kind.

Well i suppose we can all take the piss but they are doing something very few of us will ever do

guzzioverland

i was privileged to meet and personally talk to Sam Manicom earlier this year , and listen too a few of his adventures and see some of his pictures, and most probably would never do it myself , but he did it all on his own over 8 years, no film crew to or people cut his toenails and put the make up on for him, and no one would publish his books because he was not famous enough so he did it himself and they are selling well

Well i suppose we can all take the piss but they are doing something very few of us will ever do

There are good reasons very few people do this sort of thing.

Personally it's not my idea of fun, riding thousands of miles to see the shitholes of the world on an old Moto Guzzi that looks like a mad max tribute act. Surely after saving for 10 years, they could have come up with a better bike than a Spada. Each to their own of course, but you can't expect people not to take the piss, daft buggers!

P.S Had I known, I've got an old BSA C15 they could have had, it would have made as much sense.

guzzioverland

i was privileged to meet and personally talk to Sam Manicom earlier this year , and listen too a few of his adventures and see some of his pictures, and most probably would never do it myself , but he did it all on his own over 8 years, no film crew to or people cut his toenails and put the make up on for him, and no one would publish his books because he was not famous enough so he did it himself and they are selling well

Would have thought you would have some sort of reference to Simon Milward, Mervin, being a Devon lad, now there was a bloke with balls, shame he died doing his trip mind, and he was doing it for various charities he felt pretty strong about, not just a sight seeing jolly.

His bike is back at John T Motorcycles in Newton Abbot, where it was built for him, bit battered but hey what would you expect the mileage its done.I often chat to John about Simon and his bike, apparently he was a diamond geezer.Have a butchers at the links. They've left his blog as it was the day he died.

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=16815

See, I knew it had some cool, serious purpose!

I actually love some of the Ratbike/Survival Bike styles, so this just appeals even more. I think it's a pretty damn tidy piece, far better than half the critics here could manage with their load of luggage simply bungied on. Simon clearly put a lot of thought into doing all this and came up with some great innovations.

Reasons for choice of bike, available budget and all that are all explained, so I fail to see what any of the issues are. Why a bike and not a car? Because he can and for the pride of doing it (mostly) all himself. Simple as!

Sure, you can get a fancy, do-all, custom-built machine that looks so cool and whatever else you need feel better about appearances. But it will cost a FECKING FORTUNE and looking cool is not the be-all and end-all.

No combat-ready soldier ever passed inspection... and no inspection-ready soldier ever survived combat.

Massive kudos to the chap, RIP, for what he achieved!!

Yes another person i shall never meet now Simon Milward,He was a great representative for biking and the bike community, His work with MAG etc was great

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online