dt125r gear oil

This post is 4738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

my water pump oil seal was leaking and whilst riding there was some clutch slip but the oil was like milk

i have changed the seal and i fired some 5w30 semi car oil in and it slips like fook now. but ive heard car oil is ok but im guessing not what would be the best oil to use and do we think my clutch is nackered now?

cheers

bry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

my water pump oil seal was leaking and whilst riding there was some clutch slip but the oil was like milk

i have changed the seal and i fired some 5w30 semi car oil in and it slips like fook now. but ive heard car oil is ok but im guessing not what would be the best oil to use and do we think my clutch is nackered now?

cheers

bry

I would never put car oil in a bike.

If you have a wet clutch (clutch is immersed in the oil) then I would say you have buggered it. As far as I know, car oil contains lots of slippery additives and these try and stop your clutch plates from gripping.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to swear by castrol mtx when i had my dt, never gave me any problems.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online