XVS650 Oil Filter

awa355
This post is 4828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm about to do an oil change on my xvs650 (2005) Dragstar.

I was wondering if the oil filter was a common filter fitted to other engines. Sometimes, if you know other makes it fits, can make it easier/cheaper to source.

I think it would have to be the same as the 535 Virago, for one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I'm about to do an oil change on my xvs650 (2005) Dragstar.

I was wondering if the oil filter was a common filter fitted to other engines. Sometimes, if you know other makes it fits, can make it easier/cheaper to source.

I think it would have to be the same as the 535 Virago, for one.

A lot of bikes share the same filters but the price normally reflects this so I doubt there are any bargains to be had.

My SV shares the same one as a lot of GSXR's but it you search for the GSXR ones, they are the same price. Me personally only use original filters unless they are obsolete. The difference in price over a year is so small it is not worth messing about.

I believe it is specific to the 650. I always get asked which year and model (Classic or Custom) as well, for some reason.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online