nail in tyre

danzley0
This post is 4746 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

to be done by a shop it needs to be in the middle..... 70%??? i think, of the tyre,

some places charge like 15-20 quid apparently, but my local place in london did me for 40 quid for it, but it was a brand new tyre so i did anyway

A lot of places will put a "mushroom" in it but it needs to be in the middleish of a tread block really.

i have a nail in my rear tyre does anyone know roughly how much a puncture repair will be? its tubeless

or is there a way to fix it myself?

You can buy repair kits with the mushroom type plugs.

If you take the wheel off and take it to a workshop, I reckon it will cost youa bout a tenner.

Thats what I did last month. Nail has to be on the tread and not the sidewall, some places wont repair front tyres

Just take the wheel off, 10 mins tops, trip to local tyre centre, 10 mins, wait at tyre centre, 10 mins, cost €10, trip home 10 mins, put wheel back on 10 mins. Happy out :D

Is it a tubed tyre Dan? It may just needs a tube fitting, providing the nail isn't in the tyre wall.

ive been down today they finally got my air filter in (ordered a week before lincoln bikefest)

it is a tubed tyre and they agreed to fit the tube and air filter for £30

thanks for the info guys

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online