SAT NAV

up.yours
This post is 4825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 1st gen tom tom 1, its been 98% reliable,(it don't like manchester town center)

the one and only problem i have is the battery only last 20-30mins when unplugged,

this was a freebie when they first came out.

so can anyone tell me of one with long battery life ,and iff you have a moment :) post a link to it on ebay,

IT MUST BE CHEEP, or free.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i don't want to do any wiring to the yam .

i would want the sat nav running off it's own internal battery,

it wont only be being used on the bike n car i will want it for walking around towns and citys also..hence wanting good battery life.

i don't want to do any wiring to the yam .

i would want the sat nav running off it's own internal battery,

it wont only be being used on the bike n car i will want it for walking around towns and citys also..hence wanting good battery life.

I use my phone, it has built in sat nav via google maps and never let me down yet!

Best you'll get kev is about 2hrs max, they are designed for vehicles and so ment to be plugged in. I just have a fag lighter dobbed on the battery under the seat for mine.

That doesent affect the bike at all, and for walking around use your phone, or god forbid a map :lol:

My Tomtom has the same problem. I know that you can get new battery's for some if you are handy with a soldiering iron.

My Tomtom has the same problem. I know that you can get new battery's for some if you are handy with a soldiering iron.

The tom tom i use on the bike has a completely knackerd battery, only works for 2-3 minutes if it isn't plugged in. Do for the bike though it is over 6 years old

The tom tom i use on the bike has a completely knackerd battery, only works for 2-3 minutes if it isn't plugged in. Do for the bike though it is over 6 years old

The battery's go south very quickly on tomtoms ;)

Free, forget it. You get what you pay for.

TomTom Rider 2 - Easily 6 hours battery, even after several years. The Scala headset battery last 2 weeks in continuous use and holds it's charge when not in operation. I can't even remember the last time I had to charge it up!!

your not kidding about you get what you pay for,

just give £10 for a garmin 200w.

41 mile trip to pick it up , tried it to see iff it worked everything ok i thought .

any how when i got home i thought i will turn the volume up now,it works but is very quiet, nether mind a replacement speaker out of an old mobile will surface for now,

oh it run out of battry after an hour, suppose its a little better than the tom tom , but not much.

the screans good though and it gets a signal quicker than the tom tom,

and finaly , dry.gif I HATE TTASKY, cos he's usualy right.:ma:

dry.gif I HATE TTASKY, cos he's usualy right.:ma:

Damn straight ;)

Seriously, bought my TomTom Rider 2 a few years ago. Cost me £250 odd including map of UK and Bluetooth headset. Fully waterproof, very fast, simpler and in many ways better than the Garmin.

Mate of mine got the Garmin one and replaced almost every component, before throwing it at something while out on a ride.

250 nicka is a bit steep for my pockets, so i got one of these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt__i3-IMBU

well not this one exactly , i bought the GARMIN I3.

it's a neat little unit ,and get a load of this ,,:o it takes two AA batterys as well as ciggi socket, so i don't need to wire the bike up , iff i run out of power i simply pop in the p4ki shop for some batterys,

it takes longer to lock on to a satalite than the tomtom ,but once it's on it stays on.it's about the size of a tennis ball so i can use the sucker to plug it on the rev counter clock.

another down side is there isn't an ear jack , so visual only on the bike.

and the best bit :D :D it's as new ,:o and only cost me a fiver at a carboot sale.:yay: .a map cost more than that, this came boxed with window sucker dash mount usb lead cigar charger disc and manuals .

That £250 was brand new from an online shop (eBuyer, I think), back when they normally cost £400.

250 nicka is a bit steep for my pockets, so i got one of these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt__i3-IMBU

well not this one exactly , i bought the GARMIN I3.

it's a neat little unit ,and get a load of this ,,:o it takes two AA batterys as well as ciggi socket, so i don't need to wire the bike up , iff i run out of power i simply pop in the p4ki shop for some batterys,

it takes longer to lock on to a satalite than the tomtom ,but once it's on it stays on.it's about the size of a tennis ball so i can use the sucker to plug it on the rev counter clock.

another down side is there isn't an ear jack , so visual only on the bike.

and the best bit :D :D it's as new ,:o and only cost me a fiver at a carboot sale.:yay: .a map cost more than that, this came boxed with window sucker dash mount usb lead cigar charger disc and manuals .

Kev don't trust the sucker it will come away from the rev counter screen. Once it dries up.

i got it sussed jason , i thought that myself so i will tie a piece of lace around it just incase,that way it wont hit the deck at :rolleyes: 30 mph,:lol: .

dirty is the mapping better or worse on the garmin , i hear different views,:huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online