YBR 125 57 plate! Newb needs helpl!

RelentlessNettles
This post is 4692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just got into this biking game and am a complete newb! Managed to pick up a pretty nice YBR 125 57 plate but it needs some TLC as last owner hasnt done the best job looking after it.

It didnt come with a user manuel so would be very useful if anyone has a link! Current problem, apart from cleaning rust off it!, is:

Ignition button works fine - Engine sounds like its ticking over quite happily, but as i put her into first, the engine cuts out and the engine warning light flashes twice.

Any ideas?

Any info about cleaning rust off and anything else whould be fab!

So happy to be joining the 2 wheeled family!

Thanks, Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello

Have you checked the clutch sensor switch (the black? wire leading from the clutch lever mount into the inside the headlight) or the sidestand switch which might need cleaning (the engine cuts out if you try to put it into gear whilst the sidestand is down), this is provided that your model is fitted with a sidestand.

All the best

Mike

Hello

I'm glad that you got it sorted. You might want to think about disconnecting it and taping it to the frame behind the side panel (shouldn't get dirty and won't affect the bike in any way)

All the best

Mike

Had exactly the same problem with the sidestand sensor on my YBR,once bypassed its fine, just got to remember to kick up the sidestand before setting off lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online