please help xt 125 speedo on fire

This post is 4492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there im new to this forum im at my wits end with my bloody xt 125 i have put 2 new speedos on this bike and all have blew a puff of smoke out of them after a few days i have checked all the connections and have recently found that i have no number plate light bulb in the rear.....could this be the problem ..... any suggestions would be appreciated .as i cant afford another 100 quid for a new speedo .....let me know people thanks again ....james........

• 11 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that may be the problem, i had a same kind of problem with my car, i had 100 watt headlight bulb in one side and tried fitting a standard in the other and kept blowing, but if you are not certail, fit a fuse between the power input to the speedo, then atleast the speedo will not blow.

moz

Probably a bad connection so it is shorting or your regulator isn't working and the speedo is taking the full magneto power.

I have an XT 125 and my speedo is knackered, after reading this thread I checked my number plate bulb and that is knackered as well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online