50/50 Insurance Split

fli
This post is 4661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i was involved in a collision last year that as resulted in a year long claim,

today i recieved a letter from my lawyers saying that i would be better of proposing 50/50.

Im just wondering if it goes 50/50 will i have to pay for the rental bike i had during the claim ? and will i have to pay back the without prejudice payment cheque if i accept?

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need to ask your insurers as policy's vary.

It is really called "knock for knock". It means that both parties are blamed and the insurers get to bump up both parties insurance premiums as they both have a "blame" accident. Also they only pay their own claim liabilities so if both vehicles are TPF&F they pay nothing. Good ploy eh? If you have fully comp then they will pay out your claim only.

Just a comment, I don't advocate this and am not suggesting it however,

If an insurer tries for "knock for knock", and both parties only have TPF&F, one party should say it is their fault, even if it is not, just to get one insurer to pay out for one vehicle.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online